Monday, November 10, 2008

my cup runneth over

I shut Abby's bedroom door quietly and tiptoe out as not to waken her... and Ethel. I'm overwhelmed with gratitude for the Lord blessing us with Ethel. She's cradling my angel in her arms and loves her with an incomparable love. She accepts the good days and the bad, and loves her the same through it all. She is proof that the Lord can do exceedingly, abundantly more than we can ask or imagine.

Abby had dental work this morning. I had no idea that when they said they would drug her so she didn't remember the experience that they meant she wouldn't be out and she'd be fighting us through the whole procedure. Holding her down to pull a tooth wasn't the best start to the day, but being done early does gives time for the day to take a better turn. Now that she is fast asleep and peaceful I can take a deep breath and thank the Lord for giving me one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Blog Archive