Sunday, November 9, 2008

All Used Up

I often wonder if I could ever catch up on sleep and feel rested when it occurd to me that I don't want to finish this life with a full tank... I want to be all used up. I want to stand before my maker with nothing left to give. To hear Him say, "Well done good and faithful servant."

So when I'm exhausted and running on empty it's okay. I learned recently that I probably won't live many days healthy and 100% so why dwell on it and sit around trying to "recharge my batteries"? Instead I've decided to keep going. Whatever I have to give for that day I do. Some days I have more to give than others, but keeping it to myself is a waste of my life.

I think it was a famous author, Beth Moore, who said something like this, "When the Lord calls me home I want to be in the promised land, not wandering in the desert." Why not finish this race spent rather than saving up for another day that I may not have. I'm not promised tomorrow... just today.

3 comments:

  1. I love the fact that you are writting!!! You are a wonderful person and I haven't told you this enough but my chest expands w/ pride when I talk to other people about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post and all the others I'm spending time catching up on. I'm bummed I didn't get to see you while I was in town. Sigh. I look forward to hearing your heart and knowing how better to pray for and encourage you and others around me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have thought of you often the last few days, since I first read this post. Thank you for spurring me on. I was wondering if I could post a link to your blog on mine. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Blog Archive