Thursday, March 23, 2017

Summer reading



Add The Variable Life to your summer reading list!

It's time to start collecting your summer reading books! I don't know about you, but I'm always a bit torn between a novel and an "educational" book. I want to have a book that allows a brief escape, but I'd really like to learn something or at least be inspired at the same time. This book fits the bill!

A new friend of mine, John Weirick, just wrote a book! I was excited to read it because he is on staff at my church and we share a Minnesota connection. Can you believe he graduated from the same college as my little brother?

This book is great for young people searching for meaning in life, but also older ones who may be at a crossroads trying to figure out what they're supposed to be doing. We can all relate to John's journey as he shows us how life is just a series of choices. We answer God's call on our lives in the context of these choices or we miss out on a lot of life changing opportunities.

As a special needs mom, I was surprised how much I related to this story of embracing change even when it's scary. I appreciated the raw honesty John offers in openly sharing his weaknesses and struggle to step out of his comfort zone and embrace the life where God was leading him.

If you want a book with an engaging story that will inspire and challenge how you do life, this is a really good book from a fellow expatriate living in the South!

1 comment:

  1. Allison, this is a spot-on, thoughtful, and encouraging review. I'm glad it resonated with you and offered both inspiration and entertainment. Thanks for sharing this! Here's to the journey.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Blog Archive