Friday, February 4, 2011

A Ray of Sunshine

Up here in Duluth MN we often have to find our own sunshine because the natural one isn't around a whole lot.  I find myself looking for it tonight.  Here's mine.  If you need to share it,  please feel free :)

Abby wrapped her hands around my neck, pulled me in for a hug and kiss
No vomit today
Friends to remind how the sun looks when I can't remember seeing it
"I wuv you, mommy"
A kitchen Island in progress
A walking 4'6" 73 lb. toddler
Laughter coming from MaryAlice's room as she and Belle play dress up
Mexican @ Lindos with friends
Hats
The smell of fresh bread
nursery workers
Tutus, big flowers & nail polish w/ sparkles
First blooms of Spring
Ethel, Danielle, Molly, Jenna, Erin & Mik
Grandpa & Grandma
Coconut milk ice cream, gluten-free bagels, goat cheese
Friends who wrap their arms around me to warm me when I can't feel the heat of the sun
Long underwear
Trader Joes
Date night
Sunday morning worship
Quelf with friends
Car Starter
A white blanket of snow covering everything
A beach house
Matching Valentine's dresses from Auntie
Family movie night
Down jacket
A random leg hug from an ankle biter
Coffee with a friend
Play dates
Laundry soap I didn't have to make
Warm boots
Jewelry
high efficiency, large capacity, sanitize cycle
Sister love
Apologies
Puppies
jeans that fit
Giggles
Twirl Dresses
Dance party
Cuddling
Friends to reflect the sun when I lose faith that it will return

Realizing I could go on
...but no longer need to

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Blog Archive